Saturday, October 16, 2010

Last Will. Richard Finch.

Well, here it is just when I thought it would never arrive. We have the last will and testament of Richard Finch

This is the last will and testament of me

Richard Finch of Rosegrove, Ableton Lane, Severn Beach in the County of Gloucestershire. Retired Engine Driver.

I hereby revoke all former testamentary dispositions made by me and declare this to be my last will and testament.

I appoint my wife Ellen Finch and my son Richard Finch to be my executors and trustees of this my will.

I give devise and bequeath £256 war savings certificates, £115 my money in the Burnley Building Society, £15 insurance money in Brittanic Insurance Company payable at my death, about £34 to become due at my death from the London Midland and Scottish Railway Company, about £44 to come in shortly from war savings certificates and also any other monies or personal estate I may have due to me and all my other estate to be equally divided amongst my three children Richard Finch, Isabella Parker and Mary Finch

In witness wherof I have hereunto set my hand this 3rd day of September 1934 One thousand nine hundred and thirty four.


Signed : Richard Finch

Witnessed: Wm Murphy (clerk to the solicitors)

Witnessed: John Denver(s/p?
Saint Kilda
Ableton Lane
Severn Beach Railway Inspector



The hand written will is written on two small pieces of paper. It is written in one hand and then signed by Richard Finch whose hand appears a little faint and shakey. I would anticipate that Richard was a man in poor health. That he is a retired engine driver may indicate that he has been in poor health for some time.

No comments: